Udaipur from a window

I've realized that I had not yet posted this final sketch (on the back cover) of my travel sketchbook to India. I was out of pages, but I had this amazing view of the city from the hotel window, so I filled it as best as I could in the early morning. BTW, I enjoyed Udaipur, which is kind of off the main tourist circuit (Golden Triangle), far more than more popular places like Taj Mahal, Delhi or Jaipur. It was easier to wander on the streets and do your thing. I even found the time to spend a couple of hours with a local artist to see how they paint on silk. The elephant of the second pic is all mine (it's obvious, because it's all asymmetrical, too). The watercolor was done in a Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asha Greyjoy and my dabblings with colors